Supported Community Connection (SCC) supports the abilities and skills necessary for individuals to access typical activities and of community life such as those chosen by the general population while utilizing the community as a learning environment. At AALLC, we emphasize helping you to get involved in your community by connecting you to and supporting you in your efforts to:
- Meet people who have similar interests and hobbies as you
- Find and maintain friendships and natural supports
- Access community education or training
- Join and participate in community groups and committees
- Volunteer in your community
- Become active in civic and governmental issues that are important to you
Supported Community Connections may be provided in a group setting and/or may be provided on a one-to-one basis. AALLC offers Group SCC to all individuals with State or Medicaid SLS. At this time, AALLC offers Individual SCC to all individuals who receive State SLS, and due to funding limitations, we are only able to offer Individual SCC to individuals who receive Medicaid SLS who have an SIS Level of 5 or above.